** EBC/Patches Toy Drive ride Saturday
** 107th ave is still closed at 248 st. due to construction. We will detour to 112 ave, go south then left on 268 st and back onto 107 ave.
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: To be decided ~52 miles
EBC Toy Drive Ride
7:30 AM departure from Blackpoint Marina
Destination: Patches PPEC facility – Florida City (344 st, 177 ave) – $20.00 minimum donation required for this ride. See details below.
– Saturday weather forecast: 73°/83° – Wind < SW
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (sw 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: Key Biscayne with VK loop and stop at Oasis ~ 35 miles.
Los Viejos Ride (slower pace)
7:30 AM departure from Coral Reef Park parking lot (sw 152 st, 78 ave)
Destination: Cauley Square via 216 st, or 157 ave loop ~32 miles. Easy pace will be 17 – 19 mph.
** 107 ave @ 248 st still closed for construction
– Sunday weather forecast: 65°/80° – Wind < NE
Tuesday/ Thursday – 2 groups
7:00 AM departure from Black Point Marina
- Group 1: 23 – 30 mph, 3 loops
- Group 2: more steady pace 21 – 24 mph, 2 or 3 loops
Mileage: 24-36 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists. Strict pace line rules must be followed.
B Group (slower pace)
7:30 AM departure from Starbucks (168 st, Old Cutler Rd)
Bike path to Saga Bay, then to 216 st/ 212 st loop, then to Blackpoint and back. Approx 30 miles total. Speed is usually 17 – 19 mph.
* Tuesday is Patches day – wear your Patches racing kit if you have one.
Grand Tours and local events
- 12/14 – EBC/Patches Holiday Toy Drive Ride – Take a break from your usual Saturday ride and join Everglades Bike Club and TSR on a relaxing fun filled ride that will benefit the children with medical needs at the awesome Patches PPEC facility in Florida City. The ride departs from Blackpoint Marina. 7:00 AM – 7:30: Toy and donation drop off, refreshments. 7:30: All rides begin. Required is a $20.00 minimum donation in cash/check or an unwrapped toy chosen from Patches Amazon wish list here: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/G9VQH1BUEL06?ref_=wl_share&fbclid=IwAR0Z9K2qUKxdM2VhZ8r-nRP43pKCnChbSFD3UxXgqHSLh_e9IuQAYdfznLs
- 12/7 – Achilles Freedom Coast Ride – Palm Beach – Reg link
- 1/19 – Velo Sport Giro Bella womens ride – Broward – Registration
- 1/26 – Gravel Gladiator – Broward – Information
- 2/15 – Fla Ride for Autism – Key Largo to Key West – Ride info
- 3/22 – Garneau Gran Fondo – Delray Beach – Registration
- 4/18 – 4/19 – MS Breakaway to Key Largo
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Cycle World (8476 Bird Rd)
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Elite Cycling
Did you know StormRiders has a group on Strava? Click here to join: Strava StormRiders