The TSR and Patches kit online store is open! Visit the link below to order yours:
Please register for the EBC Freedom Ride scheduled for 3/31. This is a TSR required ride! See details and registration link below.
- Leave the earbuds home. I know sometimes long rides can be boring but you need to be able to hear turns and hazards being called out by fellow cyclists.
- When your pull is done, start slowing down AFTER you move to the left or the right of the line.
- Do not pull faster than the normal pace (21-22 mph unless tailwind or headwind)
- Our routes are designed to minimize traffic, avoid road hazards and changed often to keep from getting monotonous. If you don’t like the route we chose for whatever reason, find another group to ride with.
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: Homestead Bayfront Park with optional loop around the speedway ~46 – 52 miles
– Saturday weather forecast: 70°/78° – Wind <- NE
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (sw 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: Key Biscayne, Virginia Key with stop at the Oasis. ~35 miles
Los Viejos Ride (slower pace)
7:30 AM departure from Coral Reef Park parking lot (sw 152 st, 78 ave)
Destination: Flashing lights at 328 st ~32 miles. Easy pace will be 17 – 18 mph.
– Sunday weather forecast: 71°/79° – Wind <-E
Intermediate & Advanced
7:00 AM departure from Black Point Marina
21 mph on the first lap around the speedway, 23-24 mph for the second lap, 25+ third lap.
** Since the racers have been pushing the pace up, we will form a “B” group when necessary and keep a steady pace ~(21 – 24).
Mileage: 24-36 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists. Strict pace line rules must be followed.
* Tuesday is Patches day – wear your Patches racing kit if you have one.
Grand Tours and local events
- 2/16 – Florida Ride for Autism – Key Largo -> Key West – Info and Registration
- 2/24 – Tour de Broward – Registration link
- 3/2 – 3/3 – MS 150 – Key Largo – Registration link
- 3/22 – 3/23 – Pedal in Paradise – Punta Gorda – Event details
- 3/24 – VeloSport Gran Fondo – Broward – Event info
- 3/31 – EBC Freedom Ride – Speedway to Key Largo – Registration
- The TSR tent and coolers full of “recovery drinks” will be there!
- 4/6 – Dolphins Cancer Challenge – Registration
- 5/4 – 5/5 – MS Citrus Tour – Orlando
* “Active” TSR members get a 10% discount at Cycle World. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your name is not on the TSR member list.
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Elite Cycling
Did you know StormRiders has a group on Strava? Click here to join: Strava StormRiders