** 107th ave still is still not completely paved on the south end of the construction. It is passable but care must be taken when riding through the gravel.
7:20-ish AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: To be decided (HBP, Walgreens, La Casita, Roberts) 50 – 60 miles
– Saturday weather forecast: 73°/82° – Wind <- E
7:20-ish AM departure from Pinecrest Library (sw 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: Key Biscayne with stop at Oasis and VK loop ~ 35 miles.
Golden Pedals Ride (slower pace)
7:45 AM departure from Coral Reef Park parking lot (sw 152 st, 78 ave)
Destination: Cauley Square or Redland market Village via 216 st, or 157 ave loop ~32 miles. Easy pace will be 17 – 19 mph.
– Sunday weather forecast: 73°/82° – Wind <- E
Tuesday/ Thursday – 2 groups
7:00-ish AM departure from Black Point Marina
- Group 1: 23 – 30 mph, 3 loops
- Group 2: more steady pace 21 – 24 mph, 2 or 3 loops
Mileage: 24-36 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists. Strict pace line rules must be followed.
B Group (slower pace)
7:45 AM departure from Starbucks (168 st, Old Cutler Rd)
Bike path to Saga Bay, then to 216 st/ 212 st loop, then to Blackpoint and back. Approx 30 miles total. Speed is usually 17 – 19 mph.
* Tuesday is Patches day – wear your Patches racing kit if you have one.
Grand Tours and local events
- 3/22 – Garneau Gran Fondo – Delray Beach – (postponed)
- 4/18 – 4/19 – MS Breakaway to Key Largo – https://secure.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/FLSBikeEvents?pg=entry&fr_id=30911
- 5/20 – Ride of Silence – Key Biscayne – https://www.facebook.com/events/717607858646178/
- 7/4 – TSR 4th of July Ride and Marty Party!
- 10/8 – 10/11 – Mount Dora Bicycle Festival –
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Cycle World (8476 Bird Rd)
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Elite Cycling
Active StormRiders can join our Strava group. Click here to join: Strava StormRiders