** We need 10 StormRiders for the EBC Snowbird in order to get $30.00 off registration each. If you are planning to do the ride but have not registered yet, reply to this email so I can get a head count. But do not register yet.
** Daylight Savings Time Sunday – Ride start times will change to 7:30 beginning Sunday 3/12
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 111 st, 58 ave)
Destination: Walgreens 328 st, 162 ave ~52 miles.
7:05 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 111 st, 58 ave)
Destination: CVS at 112 ave, Coconut Palm Drive (248 st) ~28 miles. We will split into two groups, one at about 12- 16 mph and the other between 16-19 mph give or take.
– Saturday weather forecast: 62°/84° – Wind <-ENE
Intermediate & Advanced
* 7:30 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 111 st, 58 ave)
Destination: Key Biscayne, Virginia Key loop and stop at the Oasis ~ 35 miles.
7:15 AM departure from Deering Estate (behind Starbucks – 168 st, Old Cutler Rd)
Destination: Flashing lights or beyond (30 – 40 miles). The plan is working on pace lines and riding as a group. Speed will be 15 – 17 mph.
– Sunday weather forecast: 66°/83° – Wind <-S
Intermediate & Advanced
7:20 AM departure from Black Point Marina
21 mph on the first lap around the speedway, 23-24 mph for the second lap, 25+ third lap.
** Since the racers have been pushing the pace up, we will form a “B” group when necessary and keep a steady pace ~(22 – 24).
Mileage: 24-36 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists. Strict pace line rules must be followed.
* Tuesday is Patches day – wear your Patches racing kit if you have one.
Grand Tours on the horizon
- 3/26 – EBC Snowbird Century – Homestead – Snowbird registration
- 4/23 – Pedal for PAL – Police Athletic League – West Palm Beach
- 4/28 – 4/30 – EBC Tour of Sebring –
- 7/4 – Annual TSR 4th of July Ride
- 7/? – Frank Stark Ride – Boca –
- 10/5 – 10/8 – Mount Dora Bicycle Festival
- 10/? – EBC Homestead Speedway Ride
- November –
- Gran Fondo – Coral Gables
- Horrible Hundred – Clermont
- Tour de Cure
* “Active” TSR members get a 10% discount at Cycle World. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your name is not on the TSR member list.
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Elite Cycling
Did you know StormRiders has a group on Strava? Click here to join: Strava StormRiders