** Summer’s here and the time is right for:
- A: Dancing in the streets
- B: Staying indoors due to heat and humidity
- C: TSR July 4th ride and Marty Party – See details below
** 107th ave is still closed at 248 st. due to construction. We will detour to 112 ave, go south then left on 268 st and back onto 107 ave.
** B group option on Sunday rides to KB. See details below
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (SW 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: Walgreens (328 st, 162 ave) ~ 52 miles
– Saturday weather forecast: 79°/91° – Wind <- SSE
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Library (sw 58 ave, 111 st)
Destination: Key Biscayne – with stop at the Oasis and loop through Virginia Key ~ 35 miles. This is a faster pace ride ~21 – 24 mph.
* * B Group option – We will depart the same time but try to keep a 20-22 mph pace (depending on wind). Pace subject to change depending on riders and/or conditions. No riders left behind.
Los Viejos Ride (slower pace)
7:30 AM departure from Coral Reef Park parking lot (sw 152 st, 78 ave)
Destination: Flashing lights at 328 st ~32 miles. Easy pace will be 17 – 18 mph. ** 107 ave @ 248 st closed for construction
– Sunday weather forecast: 79°/91° – Wind <-SSE
Intermediate & Advanced
7:00 AM departure from Black Point Marina
- A group: 23 – 30 mph, 3 loops
- B group: more steady pace 21 – 24 mph, 2 or 3 loops
Mileage: 24-36 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists. Strict pace line rules must be followed.
* Tuesday is Patches day – wear your Patches racing kit if you have one.
Grand Tours and local events
- 7/4 – TSR 4th of July Ride & Marty Party! This will be an after ride pool party at Marty’s house complete with a slide and pony rides! (Well probably no ponies). Bring a brunch/lunch item or drinks to share (no pork dishes please). We will be grilling burgers, so we’ll need those and buns. Soft drinks, ice, beer, snacks, chips, dips, etc. Email me back with what you can bring.
- 8/31 – 9/2 – Tour of Sebring – Information
- 10/6 – Tour de Reef – Islamorada – Registration info
- 10/3 – 10/6 – Mount Dora Bicycle Festival – only $149.00!!
- 10/20 – Gravelers 2019 Gravel Grinder – Blackpoint
- 11/16 – 11/17 – Horrible Hundred – Clermont
- 11/17 – Velo Sport So. FL CycleFest – Broward
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Elite Cycling
Did you know StormRiders has a group on Strava? Click here to join: Strava StormRiders