** All TSR organized rides canceled this weekend.
Due to road conditions and traffic lights still out in the areas of Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay I believe it is not safe for cyclists. Power is still out in many areas and tensions are high on the road. I drove the roads we ride on and while most are almost clear there are some areas that could be dangerous to us. Be careful if you decide to ride alone or with a small group.
– Saturday weather forecast: 80°/90° – Wind <-NNE
– Sunday weather forecast: 79°/89° – Wind <-N
Tuesday/ Thursday *
Intermediate & Advanced
7:00 AM departure from Black Point Marina
21 mph on the first lap around the speedway, 23-24 mph for the second lap, 25+ third lap.
** Since the racers have been pushing the pace up, we will form a “B” group when necessary and keep a steady pace ~(22 – 24).
Mileage: 24-36 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists. Strict pace line rules must be followed.
* Tuesday is Patches day – wear your Patches racing kit if you have one.
Grand Tours on the horizon
- 10/5 – 10/8 – Mount Dora Bicycle Festival – Mount Dora registration
Hotel reservations at Lakeside Inn should be made soon as they fill up pretty quick.
- 10/15 – GRally MTB ride – Blackpoint
- 10/22 – EBC Homestead Speedway Ride – EBC Freedom Ride registration
This is one of the best local rides of the year. Proceeds to benefit Achilles Freedom Team of Wounded Vets. Registration code for TSR discount is “EBC-SR“. The TSR tent and TSR cooler will be there after the ride for proper “re-hydration”.
- 10/22 – Ride For Breast Cancer Awareness – Ft. Lauderdale – Registration link
- 10/29 – CycleFest by Velosport – Markham Park – Registration link
- Use Discount Code “StormRiders” to receive 10% off registration
- 11/18 – 11/19 – Horrible Hundred – Clermont – Event Info link
- 12/1 – 12/3 – Escape to Key West ride – Registration link
Key West hotel information:
- 12/10 – Velo Sport Gran Fondo – Ft. Laud – VeloSport-Gran-Fondo registration
- 2/10 – Dolphins Cancer Challenge – DCC Registration
- 3/3 – 3/4 – MS 150 – Key Largo – MS Key Largo registration
- 4/15 – Tour de Coast – Ft Lauderdale – Tour-de-Coast registration
* “Active” TSR members get a 10% discount at Cycle World. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your name is not on the TSR member list.
* TSR members get a 10% discount at Elite Cycling
Did you know StormRiders has a group on Strava? Click here to join: Strava StormRiders