The Mount Dora Bicycle Festival is only 4 weeks away! 10/10 – 10/12. Please reserve your accommodations soon. More info below including a registration discount code. There are many rides for all levels, beginners too! Join us for training rides Sundays – more info below.
** No Key Biscayne ride Sunday due to a Triathlon event there in the morning.
** Link to sign up for the MS 150 March 7 – 8, 2015: MS 150 Key Largo
Rides starting 9/13/2014
Intermediate and Advanced ride
7:00 AM departure from Pinecrest Gardens Library (sw 111 st, 58 ave)
Destination: Homestead Bayfront Park ~ 48 miles
Pace will be <=21 mph
Leave the earbuds home – Communication between riders is important and required.
7:00 AM departure out of Pinecrest Library (sw 111 st, 58 ave).
The plan is to ride to Blackpoint Marina and back, about 25 miles (more for the more experienced beginners).
We’ll be splitting the group into fast beginners and slower beginners, to make ride more enjoyable for everyone. Depending on group the pace will be 12 to 17 MPH. Ride leader is Juan.
7:00 AM departure from Deering Estate parking lot behind Starbucks (168th st, Old Cutler Rd). Destination is Biscayne National Park. Pace will be 16 – 18 mph. We’ll be working on pace lines. Please respond if you are interested and include phone number in case ride is cancelled due to weather. Ride leader is Juan.
Ride from Ponce Middle School * – Augusto & US1 (across from UM)
7:30 AM departure – route to be decided then
* Not a TSR organized ride
7:00 AM departure from Black Point Marina
Intermediate & Advanced
- “A” group: 21 mph on the first lap around the speedway, 23-24 mph for the second lap, 25+ third lap.
- “B” group option will a keep steady pace (21 -23) for laps 2 and 3
Mileage: 28-40 miles depending on how many laps you do.
Regroup at the flashing lights before heading back to Blackpoint.
This ride is for road cyclists (no recumbents please). Strict pace line rules must be followed.
Grand Tours on the horizon
- 9/28 – 6 Gap/3 Gap Georgia – 3/6 Gap Georgia registration
- 10/10 – 10/12 – Mount Dora Bicycle Festival – http://www.mountdorabicyclefestival.com/
TSR will be participating in this weekend long cycling event. Call the Lakeside Inn 800 number for reservations as online booking may not work: http://lakeside-inn.com/ Rooms are scarce, there may be VRBO’s available. Upon registration, enter “club” as the promo code and receive a 10% discount. Beginners need not be intimidated, there are rides for all levels!
- 10/19 – EBC Homestead Speedway “Freedom Ride” – Freedom Ride registration
Route options are 25, 41, 62 and 100 miles. TSR intermediate/advanced will be riding the metric century option. The route will include a first time ever loop inside the Homestead Air Force base as well as the usual loop around the Homestead Speedway! EBC is always looking for volunteers in case you can’t ride. See their website for more info.
- 11/9 – Gran Fondo Coral Gables – Gran Fondo registration
- 11/15 – 11/16 – Horrible Hundred – Clermont – Horrible Hundred info
- 11/23 – Tour De Cure – Miami Beach – Tour de Cure 2014 site
- 11/28 Friday – TSR Post Turkey Ride – Details forthcoming
- 12/5 – 12/7 – Escape to the Keys Bike Festival – Registration link
Make accommodation reservations at Hawks Cay Resort and Key West. Use promo code BIKE to get a discount on your room. Some StormRiders will be participating in this event.
- 2/7 – 2/8 – Miami Dolphins Challenge – Registration & fundraising info link
- 3/7 – 3/8 – Bike MS Key Largo – Bike MS Key Largo Registration
Word is accommodations are going fast already. Please plan accordingly. Stormriders will be participating in this event as always and we’re hoping for a big turnout this year! Hilton Key Largo MM97 has rooms.
Did you know StormRiders has a group on Strava? Click here to join: Strava StormRiders